8.27.2009

Rain and Cheese

A cloudy beach day creates a perfect excuse to test comfort food recipes. I have been dreaming of ways to ramp up traditional pimento cheese. I desired too add a kick of spice, find a not too fine/not too large cheese grate size and to try the addition of cream cheese. I am
still perfecting the proportions but the ingredient list includes:

extra sharp cheddar cheese
cream cheese
mayonnaise
Vidalia onion
cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
pimentos


Stay tuned for the final recipe.

While the pimento cheese was melding in the fridge, I enjoyed a lunch that I can't take credit for but it was yummy enough to document. The richest, spiciest and most well-balanced bloody Mary ever paired with a 4 cheese grilled cheese.

Spread whole grain mustard on fresh bread
Layer four favorite cheeses
Add a tomato
Grill with butter
Slice and Sip on a Bloody Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment