9.25.2010

Quick! Buy Some Peaches!



I have felt terrible because of how poorly I represented my peach cobbler in the last post. The yummy cobbler deserves better. Thankfully, I found a few good peaches at the store, and I got a NEW CAMERA! I hope you find these photos more inspiring and appetizing than the last. So hurry and buy some good peaches before fall settles in and make this cobbler. I plan to try this cobbler recipe with fall fruits sometime soon.



PEACH COBBLER

You will need:
5-6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place peaches in 9x9-ish dish.
Mix together 3/4 cup of the sugar, flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add milk and melted butter and mix well.
Pour batter over peaches.
Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl.
Sprinkle over the batter.
Evenly pour the boiling water all over.
Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment