4.20.2010

Thai Food Leigh's Way

This recipe fell into my hands, and I am so excited to add it to my collection. The Thai goodness cooked all day and was ready for us to eat when we came home from a hard days work. So thank you to Leigh for sharing the recipe and thanks to my dad for loaning me his crock pot.

Thai Slow Cooker Chicken

You will need:
1 pound chicken tenders
1 cup salsa*
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons fresh lime (one whole lime)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup peanuts
2 cups diced carrots
1 whole red pepper, diced
Trader Joe's frozen Jasmine Rice

Cube chicken tenders into 1 inch chunks and throw into slow cooker.
Add all of the other ingredients in any order.
*Make sure the ingredients cover the chicken.
Set slow cooker to low for 8-9 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve the chicken over the white jasmine rice.
Sprinkle with more cilantro and peanuts....

* I made the mistake of using some chipotle salsa in my pantry. Use plain tomato salsa that isn't too think or doesn't have too many extra flavors.

* Also, I somehow cooked mine too long (which I never thought was possible in a slow cooker). With a little added it water it was still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment