9.22.2009

Chili, Cornbread and LOTS of Water

While I should have been building an ark to escape Atlanta flooding, I was making quick chili and cornbread. This recipe does not claim to be a slow cooked, all-day long, fresh ingredient chili recipe. But, on nights like yesterday when I was stranded due to flood waters and needed to improvise, this chili was the perfect supper.

*Please don't judge me for using so many canned goods and seasoning packets

Santa Fe Chili
Saute 1 onion and 1 garlic clove in oil in large stock pot
Brown 1 pound of ground turkey (or beef) in same pot
Add the following cans without draining!
1 can tomatoes (diced, chopped etc)
1 can Rotel
2 cans white corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can white beans
1 package of taco seasoning ( I used two and it was WAY too much)
1 package of ranch seasoning pack
Pour about 2 cups of water
Simmer until the ingredients meld and the chili thickens


Please DO judge me for the following cornbread recipe. It's my proudest family recipe. I may not be giving it enough of a spotlight at this point but trust me it's awesome.

Cornbread

You will need:
1 box jiffy cornbread mix
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 small can of creamed corn
8 ounces of sour cream


Whip the three eggs
Stir in the rest until just mixed
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes


If there is any left, I love keeping some in the freezer to pull out in the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment