9.27.2009

Sunday Salmon


I like to end the weekend with a hearty but healthy meal. Marinated salmon, roasted okra, faux creamed spinach and cheese toast satisfied my craving.

Exotic Salmon Marinade
You will need:

6 Tbsp honey
1/4 cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp canned green chilies
1 Tbsp brown sugar
4 salmon steaks
vegetable oil
salt and pepper

Combine the first six ingredients
Rinse salmon and pat dry really good
Place in a glass dish
Brush salmon with vegetable oil
Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper (use more than you think)
Coat with marinade
Broil on high, 4 minutes on each side


Faux Creamed Spinach
If want to add a bit of richness to regular sauteed spinach, my twist is great.

Saute a bag of spinach with a smidgen of butter and 1/4 cup of whole milk.

Roasted Okra
I learned this okra cooking method from the man at the farm stand. It is now my favorite way to cook okra.

Toss okra with olive oil, s&p and a light sprinkle of nutmeg
Bake at 400 degrees for about ten minutes

Tiny Cheese Toast
If you have tons of small pieces of bread, make tiny cheese toasts! I have bags of bread end pieces in my freezer and love to make little cheese toasts.

Dab butter
Sprinkle whatever cheese you have on hand
Broil for a few minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment